Harsha Bhogle net worth for the year 2022 is estimated to be around USD $22 Million (Rs. 140 Crores).
He receives salary in range of $800,000 to $900,000. Currently he raised his net worth through his many in-appearance engagements and also the donations from fans in response to his appeal through social media.
Harsha Bhogle’s net worth has been steadily increasing between 2020 and 2021. Harsha Bhogle, a TV commentator and presenter, was born on July 19, 1961, in Hyderabad, India.
You may know about Harsha Bhogle’s estimated net worth, childhood, house, lifestyle, and achievements in this post. He was born into a family of Marathi people who lived in Hyderabad.
Harsha Bhogle Net worth in 2022
Harsha Bhogle’s net worth has been steadily increasing between 2020 and 2022. His income source is mostly from being a successful Indian Cricket commentator and a journalist. Various estimates estimate Harsha Bhogle’s net worth to be about USD $22 million (Rs 140 crore).
Bhogle is married to Anita, an IIM-A classmate, and the pair has two children, Chinmay and Satchit, who live in Mumbai. Pro search is a sports-based communication firm owned by the pair.
In IPL 2021, Harsha Bhogle (India) earned $500,000 as an English commentator. His task is to deliver live commentary on new and innovative ways while creating visual entertainment. Harsha Bhogle Joins Indian Gaming Start-up as An Investor and Brand Ambassador.
He Bhogle is one of India’s most honored commentators. Harsha began his career in broadcast with All-India Radio. Harsha is outstanding because he is one of the few non-cricketers to achieve great success as a commentator.
He holds a bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering. He also holds an MBA degree from the Indian Institute of Management (IIM) in Ahmedabad. He is known for his mind-blowing commentary abilities. His enticing voice on the mic made gave him a versatile growth of net worth in Harsha Bhogle’s life.
Harsha Bhogle Family
|Hobbies||Writing Blogs/Articles /Playing Cricket|
|Father Name||A.D. Bhogle|
|Mother Name||Shalini Bhogle|
|Brother Name||Srinivas Bhogle|
|Sister Name||Svati Bhogle|
|Spouse Name||Anita Bhogle|
|Children||Chinmay and Satchit|
Unknown fact about Harsha Bhogle’s net worth
Harsha Bhogle net worth is reported to be approximately US$22 million (Rs 140 crore) by various sources.
Harsha Bhogle net worth is derived from his promotional deals with a number of brands. Moreover, Harsha Bhogle’s net worth additionally includes the money he gets for his commentary work from streaming channels.
He is still one of the most prominent commentators in this industry, earning a total of INR 32 lakh every series, with his yearly salary reaching a stunning INR 5.5 Crore.
|Net Worth||$22 Million|
|Date of Birth||19th July 1961|
|Place of Birth||Hyderabad, India|
|Profession||Indian cricket commentator|
|Children||Chinmay and Satchit|
|Nicknames||Bhogle, Harsha, Cibi Harsha|
Harsha Bhogle Lifestyle
Harsha has reportedly started investing in Fantasy Akhada, a cricket and football online game platform.
He was selected as Dream11’s 1st brand ambassador in 2017 after signing an endorsement contract. Dream11 is also the title sponsor of the Indian Premier League 2020 (IPL 2020) season when Bhogle is set to leave his commentary roles.
Harsha Bhogle, 59, will also serve as the brand ambassador for the Fantasy Akhada for the next two years, 2021 and 2022. The Fantasy Akhada was founded in January of the year 2020.
The status of Harsha Bhogle’s Twitter account
Harsha Bhogle has a total favorite count of 12 on the Twitter account, according to the most recent Twitter statistics from July 16, 2021. Harsha Bhogle also has 8.9 million followers on Twitter.
IPL 2020: Harsha Bhogle
The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has appointed Harsha Bhogle as one of seven commentators for IPL 2020.
Sunil Gavaskar, L Siva Ramakrishnan, Murali Kartik, Deep Dasgupta, Rohan Gavaskar, and Anjum Chopra were also chosen by the Indian board.
The panelists were split into three groups and placed in two bio-secure chambers, one in Dubai and another in Abu Dhabi.
Harsha and his wife Anita Bhogle collaborated on a book called The Winning Way, based on business expertise gained through sports.
In addition, he has written a biography of Mohammad Azharuddin. Out of the Box is a book with a selection of his articles.
Harsha Bhogle’s first book is a collection of his columns, articles and essays. The book is titled “The Winning Way”.
Harsha Bhogle and Anita Bhogle quoted:
We want to make it more interactive so we are also going to include some videos of Harsha talking about various topics related to cricket. This way readers will know what he really thinks about something instead of just reading words on paper. The main aim of this book is not only to entertain but also educate people who are interested in cricket.
Harsha Bhogle Childhood info
Harsha Bhogle’s parents are A. D. Bhogle, a professor of French, and Shalini Bhogle, a professor of Psychology; Srinivas Bhogle is his brother, while Svati Bhogle is his sister.
Harsha studied at Hyderabad Public School in Begumpet and went on to Osmania University’s College of Technology in Hyderabad, India, where he obtained a B.Tech. in Chemical Engineering.
He graduated from the Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad with a PGDM. Harsha Bhogle subsequently went to work for 2 years at an advertising company, and after that, he went on to work for a further two years at a sports marketing company.
Bhogle began commentating for All India Radio when he was 19 years old. Whenever one speaks of international cricket commentators, Harsha Bhogle is the first name that immediately comes to mind.
He was a normal Indian kid who aspired to be a cricketer since he was a small child, and in order to pursue his goal, he competed in local tournaments and performed for the APCA academy in a really minimal level of cricket.
Harsha began his cricket career with the APCA and also previously played smallleague cricket. Harsha Bhogle, along with Mohammad Azharuddin, used to play cricket for the APCA and the Osmania University.
Well, Harsha did not go well in cricket, and then at the turn of 19, he began staff commentating for All India Radio in Hyderabad.
Harsha has worked for the BBC for eight years as part of their commentary box for the 1996 and 1999 Cricket World Cups, and for ABC Radio Grandstand, a digital radio station, during India’s Australian tours.
Harsha Bhogle, a well-known Indian cricket commentator, also starred as a guest star in the 2008 Hindi film Thodi Life Thoda Magic?
The Controversy around Harsha Bhogle
IPL terminated the contract with Harsha Bhogle
Harsha has covered all of the headlines for the Indian Premier League out of its debut in 2009, Harsha has established himself as one of the most successful names in the global cricket broadcasting sector over the year. However, he was dismissed from the commentary box in 2016 owing to criticizing of several Indian cricketers during the IPL.
Why did the BCCI dismiss Harsha Bhogle’s IPL 2016 commentating contract?
Harsha Bhogle got into a violent altercation with a Vidarbha Cricket Association official during the opening match of the T20 World Cup between India and New Zealand in Nagpur.
The dispute arose because Harsha Bhogle was denied entrance to the VIP door, which served as a link between both the Hindi and English commentary boxes. As a result, each time Bhogle change the commentary box, he had to ascend the stairwells.
Fans lash out at Harsha Bhogle after his misunderstood tweet for Vijay Shankar sparks controversy: IPL 2020
Harsha Bhogle, being one of cricket’s best commentators, was convicted by fans on social media when one of his tweets provoked controversy. He clarified the incident, stating that many people wrongly interpreted his tweet in support of SRH all-rounder Vijay Shankar.
Manish Pandey, as well as Vijay Shankar, were the stars of the SRH victory when both cricketers produced sparkling half-centuries over RR to take their team to victory.
Harsha Bhogle Home and Family
Harsha Bhogle has carved out a unique niche for himself in the world of cricket, and no Indian cricket fan would be unfamiliar with the famed cricket commentator.
He is married to Anita, and also the couple continues to live in a high-rise apartment in Mumbai with their two children, Chinmay and Satchit.
Pro search is a sports-based communication firm owned by the pair. Harsha Bhogle moved to Mumbai after starting his career as a cricket commentator.
Srinivas Bhogle, one of his brothers, works as a chartered accountant in Bengaluru. Some sources say that Harsha’s other relatives or family members and friends are still residing in Hyderabad.
Harsha Bhogle Net Worth – Car Collection
Harsha Bhogle’s car collection seems to be very moderate. He owns a handful of the world’s most prestigious luxury cars. Mercedes Benz, Ford, Volkswagen Vento, and BMW are among the car brands owned by Harsha Bhogle.
Harsha Bhogle was on his way to become a high-ranking official at a multinational corporation, and it appears that his love of cricket led him to the commentary box.
Why should you pay attention to Harsha Bhogle?
Harsha Bhogle, a Rediffusion alumnus, has been dubbed the voice of Indian cricket and is India’s leading cricket commentator and journalist. He publishes a weekly cricket article for Indian Express and hosts ESPN Star’s Harsha Unplugged, were Harsha interviews star cricketers.
Harsha has been the face of ESPN Star cricket broadcasts in India since the beginning. Now Harsha Bhogle and his wife and business partner, Anita, are on the business lecture circuit, using game knowledge to help firms build appealing corporate strategies.
What qualifies Harsha Bhogle as the outstanding cricket commentator in history?
There are a few memorable personality traits whom You feel compelled to emphasise the fact that Harsh Bogle is the most outstanding cricket commentator.
Humour – Harsha Bhogle’s humour can be seen on Cricbuzz Live in a number of postmatches, pre-match, and mid-innings shows. Harsha Bhogle makes the most of the opportunity by making us laugh with his witty one-liners.
Prior Knowledge – Despite the fact that he has never played at the top level of cricket, he has a comprehensive understanding of the game in all of its forms, which is what distinguishes him as a “one in a million” player.
Hard work and dedication – It is never easy to be in the position that Harsha Bhogle presently holds. He has worked hard to win his place on this stage. Considering his IIM degrees, he pursued his career path and is now delighting us all.
Harsha Bhogle Achievements as a Cricket Commentator
A storey about a major global cultural icon: Harsha Bhogle, a cricket commentator, compares the dramatic introduction of high 20-20 cricket to the rise of India. He recounts the game’s history from its quiet English beginnings to the world today of celebrity owners and million-dollar player contracts.
Harsha Bhogle can speak with equal authority on the commercial aspect of cricket, the mechanics of play, and the psyche of the players.
Harsha Bhogle Net Worth – Highlights of Experience
- Harsha Bhogle has also presented the finals of the first two t20 World Championships and broadcast a travel show (Travel India) on BBC World, in addition to hosting the 2006 football World Cup.
- On ESPN, he hosts the famous School Quiz Olympiad as well as his own talk shows Harsha Online and Harsha Unplugged
- He has covered over 100 test matches and 400 one-day internationals in his career as a commentrator
- Harsha Bhogle wrote two books, one on India’s cricket visit to England and the other, an official biography of Mohammad Azharuddin released by Penguin India.
- To attract the greatest talent, ESPN named its television reality show “Harsha ki khoj” as they were seeking new commentators.
- Gentleman Magazine named him one of the “50 men you should know better” and the magazine Outlook named him one of the eight persons who have transformed the way their career.
- In 2010, he was ranked 35th on Sports Illustrator’s Power List and among the top 35 influencers on Pin storm.
- In January 2001, BBC World featured Harsha Bhogle on Young Achievers in their series “Face to Face.”
- For a little while, Harsha Bhogle was the face of ESPN, and his position expanded to encompass Star Sports and Star Cricket, where he hosted popular shows including “Harsha Unplugged” and “Harsha On-line.”
- According to the Hindustan Times, “Warne and Bhogle are one.” Both made a difficult and tricky art look simple, inspiring numerous recreations but no real successors.”
- According to the Deccan Herald, “Bhogle is a pioneer in many respects, the guy who put Indian radio and television commentating on the global map.”
- Out of another Box, a book co-published by the Indian Express and Penguin is a compilation of his greatest panels.
- Harsha Bhogle has worked for the Times group subsidiary Crickbuzz since 2016, writing articles and conducting video analysis for the platform.
- Harsha Bhogle has featured as a brand ambassador for Pepsi, Hero Honda, Airtel, Sugar Free, and Vicks.
- Harsha Bhogle has worked on brand campaigns for Vodafone, Cadbury, and IBM, and is currently a Castrol and Boehringer Ingelheim brand ambassador.
- In the previous 13 years, Harsh Bhogle has done around 450 corporate training sessions across 260 organizations.
Harsha Bhogle Net Worth – Awards & Accolades
- The Rajiv Gandhi Award is presented for outstanding media performance.
- In a global online poll on the famous cricket portal cricinfo, Harsha was voted the most popular cricket commentator.
- In 2003-04, an internet survey in Australia named Harsha Bhogle the best radio and television commentator.
- Awarded the Hero Honda Indian Television Academy award multiple times, as well as the Ceat Cricket rating award for best television commentator and host.
- Harsha Bhogle is widely regarded as not just the voice, but also the face of Indian cricket.
- Harsha began at a period when just a few Indian commentators were believed to be highly proficient and qualified to go on global networks.
- However, he altered people’s minds, particularly in Australia, where he was crowned as the possessor of “the sexiest voice on the radio” in 1992.
- ITA awarded Harsha Bhogle Sports Personality of the Year in 2008.
- Harsha Bhogle was labelled “the greatest icon of cricket commentary” by the Hindustan Times, and he was chosen the most popular commentator in a reader survey.
- Harsha Bhogle has remarked on over 400 One Day Internationals and over a hundred Test matches throughout his career, and he’s been involved in T20 formats from India’s debut T20 matches with South Africa.
- Harsha Bhogle has become a freelancer in this screen for a long time, following various missteps with the BCCI throughout the years. During the IPL, Harsha also provides pre- and post-match commentary for Cricbuzz, rendering him seems to be among the highest traffic commentators in the world.
FAQs on Harsha Bhogle Net Worth
There are a few reasons why Harsha Bhogle is famous. First, he is one of the most respected and well-known cricket commentators in India. Second, he has had a long and successful career as a cricket journalist, author, and broadcaster. Third, he is considered one of the foremost authorities in the game of cricket. Finally, he has a large and loyal following among cricket fans worldwide.
Harsha Bhogle first attracted attention as a commentator when he was 19, during a match between India and Australia in the 1984-85 seasons. He would become one of India’s most prolific cricket commentators and is now considered an icon in the field.
Bhogle’s path to becoming a commentator began with his love for the game of cricket. He started following the sport religiously from a young age and quickly developed a knowledge and understanding of the game that is second to none. His passion for cricket led him to start writing about the sport for his local newspaper when he was just 14 years old. It was clear that Bhogle had a gift for writing about cricket, and he continued.
No, Harsha Bhogle is not the owner of Cricbuzz. He is a famous cricket commentator and journalist in India.
No, Harsha Bhogle is not a cricketer. He is an Indian cricket commentator and journalist. He has been hailed as one of the best commentators of all time by many experts and cricketing legends. In a career spanning over three decades, Bhogle has commentated on more than 500 Test matches and 2500 ODIs. He has also been involved in numerous other genres of commentary, including T20s, IPL, Champions League Twenty20, and World Cup matches. Although he started as a radio commentator, he soon transitioned to television and became one of India’s most recognizable voices in the sport. Bhogle has also authored several books on cricket, including The Cricket Fanatic’s Essential Guide and The Winning Mind.
Though his mother tongue is Marathi, Harsha Bhogle does speak Telugu as he was born and brought up in Hyderabad. In his own words:
My mother tongue is Marathi and I speak it decently. But I grew up in Hyderabad and spoke fluent Telugu 35-40 years ago. Now it is rusty but I want to keep it alive and so I try. My Marathi is better now.